Our range of social and recreational programs are focused on empowering people to live life the way they choose. Feeling connected to the community you live in is important for us all as social citizens.
Our Community Solutions are committed to supporting people independently or as part of a group to increase participation in their community through social and recreational activities, focusing on life skill development and living active and enjoyable lives.
We take time to get to know each person; their strengths, skills and interests to ensure we can offer holistic, outcomes focused support. We are committed to ensuring we offer personalised supports that can deliver the best outcomes and meet the changing needs of our customers.
The approach we take includes:
- Identifying and understanding your hobbies and interests
- Exploring your creative side through music, dance, drama or cooking programs
- Supporting you to spend time with old friends, or make new ones through social activities at our centres, or in local clubs and community groups
- Encouraging you to try new things and experiences which might include arts & craft, technology or fitness activities
- Supporting you independently or as part of a group
We can support you if you are an NDIS participant with approved funding on your plan in one of the following areas:
- Under Capacity Building Supports – ‘Assistance with Social and Community Participation
- Under Core Supports – ‘Community and Social Activity’ or ‘Improved Daily Living Skills’
Click on our region-based fun activity programs for groups and individuals. For more information or to join, call 1300 372 121.